AMSACS was first initiated in February 2018. The plan was adapted from the national public health event of AMSA Malaysia – AMSA Community Service (AMSA Community Service Idea Book, First Edition, 2014). The core concept of this project is to frequently provide community service opportunities to medical students and to reach out to the underprivileged. Students have the chance to do, see, and learn things in settings to which they might not otherwise have access as part of their formal medical education.
Through AMSACS, each chapter is trained to host and frequent community service programmes locally, bringing about AMSA to local communities, touching the lives of those in need.
- To develop the relationship between AMSA Members and local authorities;
- To emphasise the importance of awareness and promotion of public health among the medical students and the local communities;
- To offer opportunities that allow medical students to experience the worth of helping others and giving back to society; and
- To encourage medical students to develop soft skills of different dimensions.
At AMSACS, ten founder values are continuously strived to pursue the programme:
- COMPASSION: We care and support each other;
- CREATIVENESS: We think creatively and critically to get the best solution;
- DIVERSITY: We manage the differences in race, culture, religion, mental or physical abilities, heritage, age, and sexual orientation;
- EXCELLENCE: We strive for excellence in all we do;
- INTEGRITY: We act ethically;
- LEADERSHIP: We give inspiration, motivation, and clear direction to our team;
- PROFESSIONALISM: We are professionals conducting ourselves with integrity and objectivity;
- RESPECT: We value every being;
- RESPONSIBILITY: We accept responsibility and are accountable for our actions; and
- TEAMWORK: We work together to achieve our goals.
AMSACS is a locally driven, self-initiative and volunteering experience and we welcome our members and their peers of the same university or state to come together and organise an AMSACS. Please refer to the latest AMSA International Constitution, Supplementary Constitutions and Guidelines to understand the terms and conditions of AMSACS better. Should you have further queries, please write to us via “Contact Us” or contact your local N-DoPGH to learn more.
-The reports section for AMSACS is still under technical development.-